Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cranberry Chutney

Description:
Many years ago a container of Boston Market's Cranberry Chutney was in the fridge and I pulled it out when making some corn bread. What the heck, I added it to the batter and wow, what a great addition. I had to make my own for future uses and love it. It can be used for so many recipes. Add it to pancakes or waffles, use for a cobbler, serve over vanilla ice cream, added to a bbq sauce, add to stuffing and even serve over chicken, pork or turkey slices. It's even great on turkey sandwiches.

Ingredients:
Recipe for a basic version
1 bag of cranberries
1/2 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 cup of rough chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of fresh grated cinnamon


Directions:
Put all the ingredients into a sauce pan, bring to a boil while stirring. Once the sugar melts reduce heat and simmer till mixture reduces to a consistancy you like.

Enjoy, IC

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I like the idea of adding the cinnamon, I love cinnamon....

    Do you use this when making your apple pie? Or are you the blogger who had the apple and cranberry pie recipe? I know someone on here did....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic, when I make my harvest pie, I use just the whole cranberries along with what ever other seasonal fruit there is on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chutney in Hindi means a ground paste..and I grow lovely cranberries on my farmville..I have never seen one in my life though lol.

    ReplyDelete