Saturday, September 19, 2020

French Apple Bread Pudding

 My wife picked up a bag of Cortland apples earlier in the week. This is the time of the year that is considered an apple picking season. 

I decided to make a bread pudding with apples. This is a standard and simple recipe that takes very little work to prepare. 


                                                                   Not my picture

Ingredients

5 small apples, cored, peeled, and diced. I don't chop my apples up to fine. 

3 eggs beaten

1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk

1 - 3/4 cups of hot water

Ground Cinnamon to taste

Cinnamon Sugar, Optional

a tsp of vanilla

4 cups of stale bread cubes

Raisins (Optional)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and a dash of cinnamon to taste and mix well. Add the bread crumbs and apples and combine the wet and dry ingredients to moisten the bread. 

Pour the mix into a buttered 9" square pan and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon over the surface. I actually have cinnamon sugar that I like to use for this step. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. 

I like to serve this hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. 

A great and easy dessert for apple season. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment