Saturday, June 9, 2018

Just Off The Bench, Mustang II


Just Off The Bench, Mustang II. 

You will probably notice a few small changes compared to Mustang 1 from a few blogs back. But what may not be noticeable is that Mustang II id about a third of the size of Mustang I too. I scaled the whole project down. I wanted to be able to cut and carve the wings from a piece of 1" X 6" so that I could rip the material into 1/2 thickness. I refuse to make the wings for a whirligig out of plywood and then place it outdoors. 
Mustang I, the wings at the widest point measured 11" from front to back. Mustang II's measure just under 4". 
I think that the 1'2" wings look so much better.

And just to let those that don't know me know, Most builds or carvings that I do are done with reclaimed wood. The Mustangs, for example, are being built from the scrap I had left from making shutters for a job that I had done recently. I hate throwing wood into a dumpster. 



I didn't go with the crazy numbering this time.
I also used a better Decoupage Technique. 

  
Propeller in action with the AC blowing on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment