Sunday, March 1, 2020

Taking A Different Direction/Today's Project

Taking A Different Direction/Today's Project
by MacFarsider ·
1-March-2020, 4:22 pm
Those that know me and have read my recent blog know the gist of what I have been going through health-wise. I try to keep a positive attitude with it and thank everyone for their support.

I have been at work in the shop due to a little lull at work. I have been busy catching up on getting some small items done that I have promised to family and friends along with a bigger, super top-secret project that I can't tell anyone about until it has been completed and goes to who it's intended for.

I did spend some time today though working on something to go along with an idea that I came up with. The idea first.

I know some don't believe in miracles but I do. Especially after what has transpired in my life recently. As I have said though, I don't know why. I see so many suffer today. Especially sick children and what their families go through If Miracles were handed out, I personally would rather see a miracle go to an innocent child.

But it seems that in this case, I went through an ordeal and I am still here. I'm not one that likes to waste anything. I want to take what was given to me, and maybe try to give a chance to say, those little children.

I posted a picture not to long ago of a carving that I had done of Tigger from Winnie The Pooh. So many people across several different Social Media sources really appreciated him. No, I do not own the rights to any Winnie The Pooh Characters. I have in the past Reached out to Disney but they never bothered to respond with permissions or the like. It's not as if I intend or have ever intended to make a profit off of the sale of such items.

I want instead to produce what I have had running through my mind and then to try to auction them off, maybe recoup a few dollars for the materials and shipping but the rest going to a charitable organization that takes care of children.
The donation would be made public knowledge through the transaction receipts following the donation through whatever platform that the piece is auctioned off on.

That being said, here comes today's project.

 I have had this running through my mind since I had shown the Tigger carving.
Let me know what you think of the piece, the concept/idea. and any advice anyone would have for trying to implement the idea. to make this move forwards.
If you or someone you know works for a charitable children's organization regarding Health, please, reach out to me.
Thank you for any input in advance from me here at Mac Farsider's Carings.

Today's Project. I am really proud of how it has turned out.

The front

The back.

The piece is about 11" X 8.5" 
The wood used is Maple.

The artwork has been done using a wood-burning tool to give it detail.

After cutting the oval, I routed a nice round over edge on the perimeter and added a keyhole slot on the back for ease with wall mounting.

The entire piece has been fine sanded and then several coats of A clear Satin Polyurethane applied.

So there you have it.
Thanks for stopping by and looking. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I think many people would like this for their children and it's wonderful to do it for a charitable cause. The Mayo Clinic and Shriners do a
    lot for children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and yes, I have thought of the Shriners. And also of St Judes. But to be honest, the more I think about it the more I would like it for any donation to go directly to a child's needs. Not into some administrators bank account.
      Stumbling blocks that I will have to work out.

      Delete