Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Great Sunday

It was a great day here today. Beautiful sunny warm day with hardly a cloud in the sky. It was an excellent day for relaxing.

I picked up some Wonton skins when I went grocery shopping yesterday. Wonton skins are great to use. If anyone wants to make homemade raviolis or tortellinis, or perogies and wants to save some time, get some Wonton wrappers. What a time saver and they work perfect.

I made chicken soup for dinner since my wife has a little bug she is fighting off. She loves Chinese food so I decided to make her some wontons too. The stock for the soup turned out very flavorful and the wontons turned out excellent. The filling turned out very lite and none of the wontons broke apart as the cooked in the soup, lol. We also had a nice crusty loaf of bread so some nice thick slices of that and butter went very well with the soup.

I wonder if Chinese people eat bread?Lol. I never have seen bread in a Chines restaurant. I have had rice bread which is very good but I don't think I have ever seen Chinese bread. I guess I'm going to do some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment