Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bad Luck

Bad Luck, I have been on a streak now for so long, lol. It seems that we are having a run of bad luck and it won't go away.

The bad luck that is happening isn't anything to serious and so far most has been manageable. It's almost as if the bad things that have been happening are being controlled or God has been preventing the worse.

For the past few weeks we have been having internet server problems. Our internet goes down. Comcast is our provider. We call Comcast and they set up a service call. It's always a 7 day waiting period. A fewm days later the internet works again. The day before the service call we cancel the appointment and I would say that within the hour of that call the internet goes down again. I would swear someone at Comcast is playing games with the buttons they are pushing. My wife has called them and they have told her that there was a problem with the lines in the area. Now we have digital cable TV and Internet service. How can a line be the problem when the digital Cable is still working for the TV? I would think that if there was a line problem then the TV would be down too. One day after waiting all day for a so called line to be fixed and nothing ever happening with the internet service being repaired another call was made to Comcast and like magic, a certain individual in the Comcast office must have typed something into a computer for that person repaired our service. (that time anyway)

I already mentioned awhile back that our main TV in the house musta recieved some kind of power surge and fried. Also the power jack on my laptop went. My Laptop is always plugged into a power strip with a surge protector though.

While at work Friday it started to rain at the end of the day. While wrapping up, soaking wet, I started up my truck to get the heat going. After wrapping up I climbed into the truck and put it into drive and it died. Grrrrrrr. Cranked it, turned over great but wouldn't start. I shot some starting fluid into the air cleaner and it started until the fluid burned off. The truck wasn't getting fuel and it almost had a full tank. My wife had to come and pick me up. I work about 70 some miles from home. I froze my butt off waiting for her and trying to figure out what was wrong with the fuel system.I had been soaking wet for hours and the temps dropped to about 40 degrees. The truck wouldn't start so no heater.

I picked up a fuel filter yesterday and threw my tool box into the car and headed back up yeterdat to see if I could get the truck running. I took my wifes car. I Couldn't get the fuel lines off the fuel filter no matter how hard I tried. I didn't have a certain type of wrench one uses that goes around the fuel line and around the nuts. It's like a rounded box wrench with a knotch to go around the fuel line. Grrrrrrr. I had the truck towed to a service station and hopefully I won't have to pay an arm and a leg to get the truck fixed. Just incase anyone asks, the fuel pump was working.

We have not done a good grocery shopping now for several weeks and my wife had planned to go yesterday. So after I returned with her car she headed to the store. She went about a mile from the house when every warning light on her car went on and her car died. Is this unreal or not? I walked to her car and somehow got it started and was able to drive it back home. Time, about 7 pm. I noticed the drain on the battery gauge and once into our driveway the car again died. I checked the battery and with my father in laws help we jumped it and started it up. The Battery gauge showed the battery draining so I decided that the alternator was shot. I took the alternator out and will have it checked today. I am hoping that that is the problem as I am hoping the fuel filter is the problem on the truck.

Thankfully my Father in law took my wife grocery shopping. Food was scarce here. We had depleated just about every stapple. If I get my wifes car running we are going to have meat for dinner, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment