Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lunch

I notice a few blogs out there going around with a lunch tray and postings of what some have for lunch on the tray. Interesting to see the PB&J and the Oreos or the Dim Sum.or the "Mac & Cheese, lol.

I have had the same lunch for so long every day of work for so many years now winter or summer. I guess it ties into other blogs with Iced Teas. I usually freeze a 1 liter coke bottle of iced tea every night and that is my lunch for the following day. I would like it to be homemade but I am to lazy to go that route at night every day. I am not a big fan of high fructose corn syrup but for some reason it seems to be in everything today. Even in the big cans of either Lipton or 4 C iced tea mix that we buy. I'll have to rethink making the homemade sweet tea.

I drink so much iced tea that I have had to suffer with kidney stones which before I had them never knew that iced tea could be a contributing factor for them developing. But know I did not break the habit of stopping drinking it. Well, if you made it this far I will share the chicken recipe for the chicken I made for dinner.

Don't you southerners get mad now cause this is really cheating when it comes to cheating making fried chicken.


I took three boneless and skinless chicken breast halves and filleted them one more time for thinner cutlets and the ponded them out. Dredged these now six pieces of chicken breast in seasoned flour. Salt, pepper and Bells poultry seasoning.

I took about 3 cups of Corn Flakes and ground them up in the food processor. I didn't grind them up to fine, maybe one step courser than bread crumbs. I then seasoned the corn flakes with the same seasonings as the flour.

I dipped the floured chicken cutlets into an egg wash and then into the cornflakes coating them very well. I then placed the cutlets onto a baking sheet that I sprayed with vegetable oil spray .

I then lightly sprayed the tops of the cutlets with a little more spray. I baked the cutlets in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. These chicken cutlets turn out very moist and crispy.

I figure for an easy an quick meal it's not to bad to whip some of this chicken up.


No comments:

Post a Comment