Sunday, October 12, 2008

BBQed Turkey

We recently broke down I bought a new little toaster oven. Our old one we have had for forever and we decided when moving to throw it out. You never realize how much you use something when you don't have it anymore. Making toast, bagels, frozen pizza, pizza bites and so on. It is really nice to have one in the summer too for baking. Even for bread. You don't have to heat the big oven in the sweltering heat and bring the indoors to unbearable heat.

The new one we purchased was a stainless steel model with a convection oven and a rotisserie. A Walmart special for around 70.00.

Today we celebrated a Thanksgiving for our Canadian friends. I decided to do a turkey roast on the rotisserie. Everyone has had a craving for my bbq sauce all week long and have been requesting it so guess what went onto the turkey roast? I basted and basted the roast with my homemade bbq sauce for the last half hour or so and I built up a beautiful glaze. MMMMM, it turned out excellent and I was pleasantly pleased with myself.

I know that most people consider Sunday as the 1st day of the week but I have always considered it to be the last and a day of rest. The BBQed turkey was a nice touch for ending a long week.

10 comments:

  1. Yummmmm sounds good Mac......We have a convection oven we got on QVC, I love doing chickens in there on the rotisserie..Ill have to try BBQing one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great dinner of turkey. I have never at bbq turkey so hope you saved me some. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried bbq turkey either but I love my little toaster oven in the summer as well, especially just cooking for one or two people it's really handy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the picture..we want pictures !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a toaster oven. Been thinking about getting one . Hmmm i see some nice ones >>>>>>> over there for sale. Glad you enjoyed a relaxing Sunday Mac. I'm sure you needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my OTG..as we call it here= oven, toaster, griller..has a rotisserie, and skewers to make Kebobs or sashlik too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yumm i wanna bite. i vant to eat your sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Zeebz, I hope your shash doesn't lik...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope I am not to late for dinner...I don't want the piece that went over the fence last....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a last-day-of-the-week person

    ReplyDelete