Friday, June 26, 2009

Bishops And Seminarians Dinner

My son, wife and I went to a dinner last night for Seminarians. We had a very pleasant evening with good company.
The meal started with a nice salad. next came a baked Ziti for an appetizer. Of course baked Ziti is one of my favorites. Along with the baked Ziti we had nice bread for sopping up the sauce. The main course was a chicken Francaise, with fresh green beans and grilled potato wedges with skins on them. The potatoes skeered me but the chicken and green beans were very well prepared. For dessert we had cake. It was a very moist white cake with a pudding filling and a butter cream frosting. I don't generally like coffee when out but we were served coffee that actually tasted very good.
We had a very nice evening with pleasant conversation. Myself, I am just being nice. I was bored out of my gourd. The room was filled with Seminarians and Priest. I'm glad they had a sense of humor and I was allowed to be a smart ass without offending anyone.

I shouldn't say this but being one that judges men by their hand shake, I must have shaken 50 different hands last night and not a one had any back bone behind it. I'm trying really hard to be polite, lol.

18 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.....like the block party tomorrow, most of the people have lived here a LOT longer then us.....and most of the conversations will turn to...... remember old Mr & Mrs.so and so..... But I love listening to some of the stories of what it like here wayyyyyyyyy back when...so it is a trade off....

    I have noticed that the firm grip of a handshake is becoming a thing of the past,,,,,,,sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the long drawn out community dinners I have to attend here too..just to keep the community spirit going. One gets bored, but I'm easily amused as I have a hobby of observing people, clothes, shoes..so I keep giggling inwardly.I'm sure many giggle at me too..but now will you kindly explain what a 'baked Ziti'' is.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post a recipe for you Zee

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know people don't really shake hands much any more, about the only place that comes to mind where you see the majority of it, is in church...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand shaking is still a pretty common here. How do guys introduce themselves to one another there Vic, with a hug? Ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our church still believes in the firm handshake. Our ex-assistant pastor insisted everyone look him in the eye when shaking hands. None of this absent-mindedly extending your hand and giving a limp shake while talking to someone else. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here we fold our hands and say "Namaste". I usually hug the ones I'm close to. I shook a weak looking man by the hand once...dunno why he avoids me ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zee, I have that problem too. Shaking the man instead of just the hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that you didn't enjoy it Mac...at least you wasn't home in the hot kitchen cooking the evening meal. lol Oklahoman's still shake hand's if they like you and if they don't then they give a good swift kick in the behind. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shakes Mac by the hand...and makes polite noises.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm the same about hand shakes but I have found that its a culture thing too ..The Maori people shake hands softly and they are big people , but its how they shake ! Their real Maori greeting is to rub noses!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rubs noses with Mac and Zee. ((Hopes they don't have colds))
    EWWWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to be careful about handshakes, depending on the degree of Fibro pain at time...I have had some people who don't know about the Fibro about bring me to tears, usually once someone knows they let me "tell" them how I feel by the firmness of my grip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe those kind of handshakes show how polite they are!

    ReplyDelete