Saturday, June 20, 2009

Going Home For The Weekend

We are going to Up State New York for the weekend. My family had decided to have my Fathers Burial and Memorial Service tomorrow. Father's Day.

We had planned to have a family reunion this afternoon with a cook out. I was looking forward to it and seeing family that I haven't seen in years. With the weather conditions and problems with non cooperating family members, I think the towel was thrown in yesterday at the last moment and the reunion isn't taking place.

We will be heading up but as far as this evenings plans go, it may just be a dinner at my sisters house. After dinner it's off to a hotel for the night. We were going to spend the night at my fathers house but unfortunately I have a 30 year old niece living there and her boy friend is shacking up with her while her 4 kids from different fathers live with her mother. It's a situation I am sure I would say something about but feel to keep the peace and to keep the weekend about my father, it's just best to go else where. As everyone knows, I don't think very often before opening my mouth.

Unfortunately, this weekend will to me, be saying good bye to what I have always called home. I am not looking forward to it.

6 comments:

  1. Be safe and take care Mac..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame about the family reunion being called off but maybe in the near future another one can take place. I know it must be a difficult week-end for you Mac. Will be thinking of you...drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs Mac. My thoughts go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mac, speaking yer mind is never a mistake. too bad for those who dont like what they HEAR, but the upside is they hear YOUR truth. sorry for the reasons you are taking the trip though. may the angels be with you...to hold you up when you want to fall down, and the tears you let fall , grow flowers from the heart for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete