Sunday, November 9, 2008

Waffles

I finally bought a nice Belgian waffle maker. I have a regular waffle iron but have always been disappointed with the little thin waffles it makes. The new waffle iron makes nice thick waffles so of course it has been getting some use. I made up a batch a few days ago with a homemade batter with the egg whites folded in for some nice airy waffles and served them with some nice hot apples and cinnamon that I cooked up real quick and whipped cream.
This morning I am going to make some regular waffles and some corn bread waffles. The regular waffles are going to get blue berries and the corn bread waffles are going to have sausage gravy over them.
The sun is shining today for the first time in 5 days so I am thinking that a nice breakfast will make the day a bit more enjoyable. After breakfast I think I will just stare out the window at all the leaves that have fallen this week and just wish them gone. lol. I'm thinking that they need a few days to dry out some so that will be my excuse for not raking today. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

17 comments:

  1. You go ahead and keep staring out the window while I help myself to some of your waffles,lol. Never tried the cornbread waffles, sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoves Vic over...don't be such a piglet...sheesh...share...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rakes up a big leaf pile right under the kitchen window. Leaps out and grabs a stack of waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accidentally tosses a match out the window...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slaps britches... whooooo.eeeeee... somethin sure feels a tad warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coff coff Mac must be burning the waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a good leaf burning fire. I thought them to be to wet to burn but Suzi has a nack for burning leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. now thats not fair mac ya cant make waffles and not invite me to help eat them>

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Specially when they are rolled up in a Zig Zag...

    ReplyDelete
  10. geez, wheres MY waffle? blueberry please...and a few hunks of sausage you didnt kill in gravy too. and mac...the ONLY excuse ya need not to rake: i just dont wanna! enjoy the food, i feel my hips expanding just reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waffle's sounds great along with a side order of sausage...the hot kind please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well heck...I was gonna take a pre dinner nap but after reading about all of this food I'm gonna have to make dinner...anyone seen my waffle iron???

    ReplyDelete
  13. when you feel a little daring you should top your waffles with cheddar, bacon, refried beans and 2 eggs cooked over medium. seriously, it's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm waiting for some waffle cookies.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. 5'6", blond hair, blue eyes, named Kateřina, wearing a crisp, short, white apron? and 3 and a half inch high spiked heels?

    ReplyDelete