Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Turn For A New Computer

My wifes 's computer died a few weeks ago and yesterday was my turn. I was on Farmtown and everything was taking so long to load. I decided to run the registry cleaner and when it showed only one error the red flag should have gone up but didn't. I clicked restart my computer now and when it restarted all I had was a nice black screen looking at me.

I did the old f12 to open eventually and scanned my hard drive and found that it wasn't working right. I tried to start in safe mode after I was able to get that screen to open but it wouldn't open windows. I tried starting at last time of good operation and nothing.

I ended up going to Best Buys and getting another laptop. I like it and can't believe the difference in operation. This computer has Vista and I don't mind it at all. I thought it was suppose to be such a bad program from what I've heard others say about it.

 

13 comments:

  1. Life in Fantasyland will be sooo much more fun for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I was gonna say Cyberland , but it didn't sound nice. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Mac ! Can you save yr old stuff ? Glad yr back on board though.....I still have my original pc...............Its over 8 yrs old now..................

    ReplyDelete
  4. My PC is only 3 years old..and its very good..but I have this urge to try out this new Vista Ultimate thingy they are promoting here. Our Indian festival season begins in Oct..they will have lots of variety and discounts then..so I'm going to buy a laptop this time. Good for me to travel with too. Congrats Mac..hope you enjoy your new cyber world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your computer but you deserve a new one anyway. Vista is nice and not as complicated as what I had heard. I think you will enjoy it a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yoo hoooooo anyone home? lol ...nite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got something that works for you Mac, I dread the day when my old dinosaur kicks the bucket....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feeeeed it well Vic..these prehistoric things need food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i had my comp sorted for me it gone to xp proffesional now and everythings bigger and faster so i'm told but i dont like it so as soon as i can afford a new one thats what i gonna do get me a new one, the kids havent put everthing back on here for me so i aint very happy

    ReplyDelete
  10. mine isnt a laptop and i am totally computrer illiterate but it is a vista home premium...i had a little problem getting it where i could talk to people in the chat room (and hear them)but like i said computer illiterate here....i finally got that kink worked out and i wouldnt take anything for my computer...being single and not interested in "going out"it gives me the opportunity to visit with people and never have to leave my home...i enjoy the friendship with this room and there are some on facebook...congratulations on your new computer mac

    ReplyDelete
  11. i got mine from dell. cheap payments, love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I luv my Dell. Dread the day this one goes. Touch wood.

    ReplyDelete