Sunday, October 11, 2009

Macaroni Soup

Description:
This is a soup that I grew up on as a kid that was at the top of the list as a comfort food and still is today. It's has just a few simple ingredients and will probably be laughed at but to this day I still make it and my kids love it.

Ingredients:
1 lb of macaroni. ( Elbows)
1 can of evaporated milk
2 cups of milk
1 stick of butter
salt and lots of black pepper

Directions:
Start by cooking the Elbow Macaroni as directed. Under cook by 3 minutes
Drain and put back in pot. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium and cook till the Macaroni has cooked to your desired texture. Lots of black pepper is important here.

(Crushed Saltines go very well In this Creamy and buttery broth)
Enjoy, IC

4 comments:

  1. I love eating just a plain bowl of cooked elbow macaroni,oozing butter and loads of black pepper. I also must have bread to eat with it. Definitely not high on the protein diet list! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another soup I have never tried......I saw the title and for some reason I was thinking it was going to be like a macaroni/stewed tomatoes kind of combo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also do a Macaroni soup that is very simple of macaroni and tomato juice, salt and pepper. Sometimes I will add bacon bits to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you add a few carrot's to this soup, it would be much prettier in the bowl.

    ReplyDelete