Sunday, October 11, 2009

No Corned Beef and Cabbage

Description:
Growing up in an Irish family I never enjoyed Corned Beef and Cabbage.
I just make mine using ham. Ham is usually in the freezer from either New Years or Christmas leftovers.
Another very simple recipe

Ingredients:
2 quarts of water
two teaspoons of better than bullion chicken base
4 large potatoes cut into 3/4" chunks
4 large carrots sliced about 1/2" thick
1 large onion coarsely chopped
2 cloves of garlic smashed
2 cups of leftover diced ham or a leftover ham on the bone

Directions:
Place all of the above ingredients in a crock pot in the morning. Set on the low setting and cover. Allow to cook all day. Stir once if you get a chance ag
after about 4 hours.
I love to eat this soup with a really crusty home made loaf of sour dough bread cut into thick slabs slathered with butter.

Enjoy, IC

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I am going to have to give this a try, I am not a big fan of corned beef either..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it has cabbage in it I know I will love it. Only had the real corned beef and cabbage once and loved it.

    ReplyDelete