Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ironic Chef On Cows

Hamburger, ground chuck, steaks, ribs, meatballs, sausage, SOS, goulash, stroganof, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, lol. Mmmmmmm, love them Bovines.

I don't care how mad the cow is I'll eat it and if I go rabid and crazy I'll just bite the nearest Vegan. I hope someone from Fox News is nearby with the camera rolling when myself, foaming at the mouth chomps down on some under nourished, anorexic little hippie.

I can't forget veal either. Of course I'm not talking about eating some critter locked in a little box kept in a cool dark corner of a barn basement. I like to eat meat but I would never agree with anything that in humane.

The recipe I am going to start off with as a matter of fact is one of my favorites. Veal Scalopine.

Veal Scalopine is a really easy and delicious dish. I like to get veal cutlets from the grocery store and then I pound them out very thin. The thinner the better. To prepare them I just dredge the thin cutlets in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake of the excess and then pan fry them in olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown. I then drain the Scalopine on paper towels and make a simple sauce by de-glazing the pan with about a half cup of white wine or lemon juice, add a few pats of butter, some fresh chopped garlic, and after the flour and butter are worked together I stir in about 2 cups of chicken stock. salt and pepper to taste. I usually use the dredging flour but always check the taste to see if the sauce needs something. I don't make a real thick gravy sauce. this sauce is really light. I then add the Scalopine Back to the sauce and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes. The Scalopine gets so tender that when you eat it it will literally melt in your mouth.

Hamburgers, I keep mine really simple, I get the barbecue nice and hot. I season my ground beef with salt and pepper and about 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce. Mix well, shape into patties and grill until the juices of the beef run clear. mmmmm, I love beef, lol.

Steak, I like NY strip. Again, the grill, Nice and hot. Hold your hand over it and count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 ouch and you have the right heat. I like to season my steak with a salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and brown sugar and hot pepper rub and cook my steaks to a nice medium rare. I don't want blood running across my cutting board after I have let my steak rest for about 10 minutes when I go to eat it. Once in awhile though I do like to use a McCormick Mesquite rub.

Ribs, I love ribs. Specially short ribs. I use the same rub I used on the steaks and then smoke my ribs on the grill. I set my coals on 2 sides of the grill and set a drip pan in the center and place wood chips that have been soaked in water right onto the coals. I like to use wood/chips that have come from fruit trees like apple or peach. I do not like red oak by any means. I try to keep the temperature of the grill low and grill slow. If any one tries this, make sure you put the vent holes on your cover over the ribs so the smoke is pulled over them. Each charcoal briquet's gives you about 15 degrees so use enough to keep the grill at about 250 degrees. I don't like to have an over smoked flavor so I only smoke the ribs for about 4 hours. I then get the heat up to hot and glaze my ribs with the following sauce. One onion, sauteed, 2 cloves of garlic in with the onions, lol. Into a sauce pan with the onions, 3/4 cups of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of honey, A good dollop of brown spicy mustard, 1 tablespoon of horseradish, a cup of good catsup, hot sauce to taste, and a dash or so of salt. I cook this down to the consistency that I want. I do not like molasses at all and do not like it in my sauce. I brush the ribs with the sauce and turn them constantly so that the glaze doesn't burn.

My favorite of all time beef products though is going to be a real shocker to everyone.

PEPPERONI,. any way you want to cook it or serve it.

26 comments:

  1. LOLOL I just ate and now you have me starving again! Yummmmmm that all sounds good.(Even the pepperoni)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welllll I love beef,-steaks, hamburgers, ribs, pork, but I don't like veal and yes partly cause yeah I think of them in a dark corner waiting to die and living in horrid conditions but if you could assure me that the veal we eat isnt being treated inhumanely before making it to our dinner tables, I might eat it more. But to tell the truth, I am not a big fan of the taste of veal anyway lol. I cook my hamburgers with worcestershire sometimes too. I love worecestershire sauce and use it in meatloafs and spaghetti too. Don't like pepperoni all that much, can eat it on a pizza but not overly fond of it.
    And now after reading this and writing this, I am exceptionally hungry now. Thank you so much for that lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. got my bib, steak knife,fork and sits patiently one Mississippi two Mississippi.....hey no liverwurst for me please....

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know...you make one little teeeeny weeny blog about buffalo's and see what happens????? ps....here are fresh batteries for your flashlight...please go fix the lawn.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had veal before, you just don't find it offered at the grocery stores around here much. If you do find it, it's usually frozen and outrageously priced. Ironic considering this is considered a "beef state". I may just be in too rural of an area too.

    Hey and don't forget just regular roast beef...whether in hot shredded beef sandwhiches or in hash...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean pepperoni doesn't come from a pepperoni????

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhh I just loveeeeee roast beef. It is probably my most favorite . I really need to quit reading this blog and responses until I have eaten cause it makes me hungrier every time I see someone else talking about food lollllllllllllll

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a black pepper sauce steak..with lots of garlic, mustard, onions, and on a sizzler tray..with a huge glass of coke n crushed ice...hot rolls n butter..may not appeal to many but thats how i like it. I can only dream cos we dont get a beef steak where I live. I eat it only when I travel to a bigger city where some steak houses exist. I have had a Veal Scalopine at a restaurant...it had a very delicate wine and mushroom sauce on it.I must admit I have never had a real beef burger yet, they make burgers from goat meat here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pepperoni grows on a vine or something I think lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pepperoni is a salami??? I get my pizza with it on...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I first read this last night after dinner.........dinner happened to be 2 inch thick center cut beef tenderloins wrapped with bacon ( we splurged and bought 10# of them from a local meat processor) on the grill, steak fries and a big salad. After all of that nothing here sounded good...( well maybe the veal) We grilled to med, or just pink inside....and they melted in your mouth!!!! It has been a while since we had a good steak....I have 4 more packs of three in my freezer.....come on over!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'll call on you when we do some meats on the bbq. All your recipes sound like the meat would be totally delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nooooo Zee pepperoni isnt salami !! Salami is for sammiches... pepperoni is for pizza. (and whatever else Mac decides to put it in) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sigh...all I had to eat was a PopTart...

    ReplyDelete
  15. How could I forget to mention Roast Beef or even a Pot Roast with of course loads of gravy and mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got a roast out to thaw for the week-end...and it's all your fault! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to smell it baking Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pot roast.sounds good......think I'll take one out too!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vic will ya be making Yorkshire pudding with that roast?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Misty I don't have a clue on how to make Yorkshire pudding....I have never had it....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vic , could I interest you in a bowl of home made chocolate pudding, warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohhhhhhhhhhhh Vero, my mom use to always make homemade chocolate pudding when we were kids...wow that brings back memories.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just learned to make Yorkshire puddings myself this past winter and my wife and kids love them. Let me grab my recipe....

    Yorkshire Pudding
    Scant 1 cup flour (15 tablespoons)
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 egg
    1 1/4 cups milk
    1/4 cup butter

    In a bowl sift flour and salt together. Make a well in the center and add the egg and 1/4 cup of milk and beat together, gradually incorporating the flour and adding the milk as necessary to form a smooth batter but being careful not to over-beat. (Batter should be the thickness of heavy cream.) Allow batter to rest for at least half an hour.

    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

    Place a teaspoon of butter in each well of a 12 cup muffin tin or into individual Yorkshire pudding tins, and heat in the oven until very hot, about 5 minutes. divide batter between wells and bake until risen, puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately. I fill them with gravy. These were so cool to make the first time. I was giggling like a little kid when I saw what happens to them as they bake.

    I also make these by adding a half cup of sugar to the batter. When the sweet version of the Yorkshire puddings are done I fill them with fruit and whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vic, making chocolate pudding is sooo easy. I have been making it ever since I left home. Chocolate pie is one of my family's favorite desserts at holiday time. Pile on gobs of whipped cream...YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay now I have to look up a recipe for popovers because they sound very similiar to yorkshire pudding mac.....but I haven't made popovers in years...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vic, I swear that that is the first thing I thought of when I first saw this recipe. Either a pop over or a puffed pastry.

    ReplyDelete