Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Quick Chicken dish

A was watching one of my favorite cooking shows last weekend and was inspired to come up with a chicken recipe after seeing a somewhat similar done using shrimp. It looked interesting but I am not much of a shrimp fan.



I picked a load of tomatoes so I wanted to use them. I diced about 4 of them up and let them sit overnight with a bit of salt to drain off some of the liquid.


I took a few boneless chicken breast halves and sliced them in half again and pounded them out a bit and dredged them in flour. I them pan fried them in a bit of olive oil like you would for a Scalopine. After the chicken breast were a nice golden brown I set them on a plate and then added some diced onions, a few cloves of garlic, some fresh cracked pepper and a few hot pepper flakes to the pan and cooked the onions down. In went the tomatoes and about 2 cups of chicken stock and the chicken was placed on top. I put a lid over the pan and then cooked up some Angel Hair Pasta. When the pasta was done so was the chicken. I again removed the chicken and tossed the pasta into the sauce. I then added about a half cup of Parmesan cheese with the burner off. I served the chicken over the pasta with lots of pepper. The chicken was melt in your mouth tender.

It turned out very well and It was requested again last night, lol. So twice in one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment