Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Missing In Action

This Thanksgiving I feel a sadness. It is the first year in my sons life that he will not be here for the holiday.


After graduating from college he decided to do a year of volunteer work for Americorp in Buffalo New York. He is spending the year working for a program that reaches out and helps the poor that aren't poor enough to qualify for help through the goverment. He puts together a case for his clients and then helps them legally get help by representing them through the program in court. He enjoys what he does and may continue doing it after his year as a volunteer is over.


It's hard as a parent to not have a child home for the holidays. I say child but a man. My son had worked with me durring the summer months for the past 4 years when not in school. I miss him and hope to see him soon.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment